Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Catching up

An incredible amount of work has happened since I blogged last.  
Here is my attempt to catch up with everything I have missed in the last few weeks.
 Dave (the electrician) has been installing all our light fixtures.
 I love these little lights in the master shower.
Definitely shows off the irregularities in the bale wall.
Seth (Beau Soleil Decorative Painting) put this concrete stuff (I'm sure there is a better name for it that I don't know right now) on the walls in the shower and I love it!
 Jesse cleaned and stained the mudroom floor and Seth finished it for us.
 Here Jesse is finishing the stairs.
 Mom and Aunt Shirley painting the nursery windows.
 The stair railing taking shape.  
Thanks Zach Mininger for all your help with the metal work!
 Fun lights in the mudroom and laundry room.
 Kitchen taking shape.
 Transom above the front door.
 Lights above the area where our desk will be built... some day.
 Rachel doing more painting.
 Cork floors on the second floor.
 Concrete counter tops right after they were poured in place.
(Seth made these for us as well)
 Island getting prepped to pour the concrete.

 Upstairs vanity that Karl made.
 Finish coat of plaster on the nursery walls.
This picture was taken the day it was put on the walls, so you can see how it dries.

 Master bath vanity... I love it!!
 Karl built the vanity and we used these old pulls from my Grandpa Lefever's old desk.
 Karl touching up the kitchen.

 Our make-shift table to share a delicious meal with the fam.



 Counter tops continuing to dry.


 Concrete being poured in the laundry room.
 Karl making sure Jesse doesn't fall into the wet concrete while smoothing it out.
 Forms broken off the counter top... almost finished!
I love the way they turned out!
 Jesse finishing up the stair railing.



 Karl and Dave helping Jesse clean, stain and seal the basement floor.
 Wasn't too sure about an orange wall in the mudroom, but Jesse loves his Netherlands orange!
 Zach and his amazing strength helped Jesse set this 400 pound concrete sink last Saturday.
It was heavy enough to bust through the concrete floor, but yet Zach could bench press it into place!
 Jesse used some recycled Jerusalem tile to make a backslash for the stove. 
 Plumbers came today to start setting toilets and sinks.
 Finished tile behind the stove.
 Today all the appliances were dropped off in our living room...
tomorrow Jesse is going to install them.

 I love these lights Dave made for the master bed.
Looks like we will be sleeping under stars.
 Master vanity set.
 Master shower almost complete.
 Rachel painting our interior doors.
 It's hard to tell from the pictures, but they are gray.
 Jesse setting the under mount sink in the upstairs bath.
I'm sure I missed a lot, but I think I got pictures of most of the big things that have happened around the house.  We are still hoping to have the house finished, cleaned and ready to move in next weekend.
Leaves one week until baby due day!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Sarah- just reading this I could feel all my emotions of anxious excitement come flooding back to me of watching the house come together while the due-date rapidly approaches! Everything is gorgeous! It's a blessing to live in a place where you're surrounded by reminders of all the people who loved you enough to help create your home. Praying everything goes smoothly in the coming weeks as you move and become parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much has happened since I visited!!!!! It looks great, guys! Andrew is excited to see it too!

    ReplyDelete