Friday, November 26, 2010

Blocks and more blocks

Sorry I haven't put many updates on here lately.  The block laying has taken us a long time and there hasn't been much to show.
The last couple weekends we have been laying block after block.  On Thanksgiving day my Dad, uncle Paul and brother-in-law, Phil, went with Jesse to work on the block (after Mom's amazing Thanksgiving brunch!).  What a blessing to have such big help.  Then Jesse's dad, Kenny, and Karl came today to help lay more block.  I had no idea the block would take this long, but we are starting to see the end in sight!!  Bear with me as I will try to get more updates and pictures to you once more things begin to happen.  This week the excavators are coming to finish backfilling and we should get a rough grade ready for the winter months.
 The master suite taking shape.
I haven't been taking my camera up to the lot lately because it is a muddy, sloppy mess.  So these pictures are taken on Jesse's phone.  Hense the side-ways picture (if any other bloggers out there know how to rotate images, let me know!)
This is Jesse attempting to stand an 18 foot pole for our temporary electricity, using a little John Deer tractor.  I have mixed feelings about this electricity thing taking place because this means we don't have the excuse, "we can't work tonight because it's dark out and we won't be able to see anything."  With this electiricy hook-up we will be working into the late hours of the night.  I guess this means things will get done faster...
We are hoping for PP&L to come out and hook everything up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment