Thursday, October 28, 2010

Reasons why

So, today I was thinking about the reasons why I love living in Conestoga.
I know that there are many reasons why one would not want to live in Conestoga (we won't even go there),  but I wanted to share with you some of the many reasons why I love it here in the country. 

1.  This year I was able to have my first garden.  It was fruitful and we had many delicious veggies that Jesse and I devoured.  I canned and froze veggies for the first time by myself (ok, with the help of my Mom) and enjoyed the time I spent digging in the dirt.  
 2.  Pine View Dairy.  http://www.pineviewdairy.com/  Have you ever been there?  It is an awesome family owned farm and store where they sell their own milk, ice cream, and many more items.  Their milk is AWESOME!  It tastes so good and it comes in a big plastic bag that fits in this cool pitcher! 
3.  I get to hang my laundry outside to dry (wasn't able to do that where we used to live).
4. Cedar loves it here.  This is where he thrives.  He finds all kinds of dead animals to roll in and he has lots of acreage to run around on.
5.  This spring there were hundreds and hundreds of wineberries all over the place for our picking!  They are delicious.  A little more tart the raspberries, but make a dynamite fruit crisp and are good on cereals.  I even made wineberry jam!
6.  And last, but not least, down here in Conestoga we get to see the most amazing wild-life up close and personal.  These two geese were right outside our window, sitting on a nest.  It is not uncommon for us to wake up, look out the window over the pond and have an owl, great blue heron, some deer, turkey, raccoons and ducks to say 'good morning' to.

Take a minute today to think about why you love where you live...

1 comment:

  1. I love your thoughts.

    Hmmm, why do I loooove living in Jersey? Does anyone? Kidding. It's not so bad. But I will be pondering this question today. Thanks for the chance to ponder, Sara!

    -M

    ReplyDelete